Sterling Creations Blog


Subscribe to our Feed

Staying in touch!

Welcome to our blogs! A page where you will find a selection of articles, editorials, and human interest stories.
We strive to bring you information that will keep you in touch with the rest of the world and we offer you an opportunity to let the rest of the world keep in touch with you through your very own contributions.

you can make your own submissions at no cost and if your submission is chosen, it will be published along with your name and any other information that you wish us to publish.
All submissions will be reviewed to ensure appropriateness before they are published.
So, time for you to keep in touch!

Enjoy and don't forget to send your feedback to us at info@sterlingcreations.ca.!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

No need to be sorry

Greetings! I'm Scott Savoy, managing editor at www.sterlingcreations.ca.
So are you busy decorating, baking, shopping, and gift wrapping?
Still need more time?
Well, you need to hurry up and do all of this before the big man comes in a little over two weeks!
Today, I have our president's editorial of the week to share with you and today, Donna J. Jodhan has a very insightful and moving editorial to share.
Enjoy!

+++++++++++++++
No need to be sorry
By Donna Jodhan

More often than not whenever someone realizes that a person is blind; either on the phone or in person, the very first few words out of their mouth is “I’m sorry.” For those of you who read this, I’d like to impart a few words of wisdom as seen through the eyes of a blind person so to speak.

First of all; I know that these words are almost always meant in the true sense of honesty and compassion and they probably come out of being uncomfortable in the situation in which one finds themselves at the time but speaking for myself, it also makes me feel very uncomfortable.

The words “I’m sorry” should never be taken lightly no matter what. Whenever someone says it to me upon discovering that I am blind I often try to decipher why it has been said. Is it because that the person saying it is uncomfortable? Is it because that they are really sorry? Or is it because they do not know what else to say? My response is almost always “no need to be sorry.”

Whatever the reason, I don’t think that there is any need to say “I’m sorry” to a blind person. We are blind and this is what it is. We have no choice but to carry on with our lives and there is absolutely no reason for a sighted person to be sorry about this. Compassionate and/or understanding, yes. Empathetic and/or sympathetic, yes. Just my few words of wisdom for today.


I'm Donna J. Jodhan wishing you a terrific day and weekend.
To reach me, please send an email to info@sterlingcreations.ca and I would be delighted to send you an electronic copy of our latest newsletter.

Here is a complete list of where you can view Donna's blogs and editorials.
Donna Jodhan! Advocating accessibility for all
http://www.donnajodhan.blogspot.com
Weekly features on how to increase your success with your business ventures
http://www.sterlingcreations.com/businessdesk.htm
Weekly articles and editorials on issues about accessibility
http://www.sterlingcreations.ca/blog
A monthly editorial on issues on diversity
http://www.diversityintheworkplace.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home