Sterling Creations Blog


Subscribe to our Feed

Staying in touch!

Welcome to our blogs! A page where you will find a selection of articles, editorials, and human interest stories.
We strive to bring you information that will keep you in touch with the rest of the world and we offer you an opportunity to let the rest of the world keep in touch with you through your very own contributions.

you can make your own submissions at no cost and if your submission is chosen, it will be published along with your name and any other information that you wish us to publish.
All submissions will be reviewed to ensure appropriateness before they are published.
So, time for you to keep in touch!

Enjoy and don't forget to send your feedback to us at info@sterlingcreations.ca.!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Missing out on bargains

Missing out on bargains is one of the most difficult things that I have to deal with on a daily basis. For the sighted
world, it is easy for them to read about bargains in flyers, the newspapers, and see it on TV or on the Internet. For
me, I am unable to read newspapers or flyers, and although I may hear it on TV, many ads do not repeat phone
numbers at the end of their infomercial instead choosing to display it on screen. In the case of the Internet, so many
websites are not user friendly to those with vision problems making it almost impossible for us to access.

When I go grocery shopping, I am unable to read the flyers that are stacked on the counters. These flyers gaily
display all of the bargains in the supermarket but I do not have a clue as to what they are. The same applies for
when I enter a store or pharmacy and as a result I am shut out of being able to reduce my shopping bills.

This is something that I'd like to see addressed by the sighted world; ways to make it possible for blind persons to
know about bargains. One possible solution that comes to mind is this: Maybe, the larger store and supermarket
chains could have a phone line whereby we could call in and hear the bargains on a weekly basis? Food for thought.

I’m Donna J. Jodhan your friendly accessibility advocate wishing you a terrific day and urging you to go out and help make it easier for blind persons to learn more about bargains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home